This one-year course is designed for young people aged 16-24 with EHCP, and adults aged 25+ with a formal diagnosis of a learning disability.
You may have special educational needs and disabilities such as behaviour emotional and social difficulties (BESD) Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), mild learning difficulties (MLD) and moderate learning difficulties (MLD) attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and opposition defiant disorder (ODD).
This course is for those who are already independent travellers.
Your study programme:
- takes place with a single employer
- builds on your existing skills and talents
- improves your English and Maths
- supports you to meet your personal goals
- prepares you for further study and paid employment
On this internship, you will:
- 3 days at placement with an experienced job coach
- 1 day in college developing your English & Maths and employability skills
- Be taught by our experienced and committed staff who will understand your ambitions and support needs
- Be supported to build on your independence skills through regular and practical activities
- Develop your communication and functional skills
- Learn to apply your talents in real-life situations
- Study topics that are of a personal interest and meaningful to your future choices
- Key skills from CV writing to interview prep will be taught to ensure you have the most opportunities for paid employment
You will have unit-based assessments, to aid you in achieving the learning aims and qualifications.
You do not need any official qualifications for this course, however, you will need to demonstrate a passion for the subject and commitment to learning.
On completion of this course, you will be able to progress onto a Level 2 qualification.