This one-year course is designed for young people aged 16-24 with EHCP, who have Special Education Needs and/or a Learning Difficulty.
You may have special educational needs and disabilities such as behaviour emotional and social difficulties (BESD) Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), mild learning difficulties (MLD) and moderate learning difficulties (MLD) attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and opposition defiant disorder (ODD) and are working at Entry 2 to Entry 3.
This course is for those who want to improve their employability skills and personal social skills.
On this course, you will learn:
- English & Maths
- Personal, Social and Health Education
- Work Experience
This course also provides:
- The view to become independent travellers to be able to advance onto REACH
- Experience of a work placement setting before embarking on to the fully supported internship
- 2 days at a placement with an experienced job coach
- 2 days at college developing your Maths & English and employability skills
You will have unit-based assessments, to aid you in achieving the learning aims and qualifications.
You do not need any official qualifications for this course, however, you will need to demonstrate a passion for the subject and commitment to learning.
On completion of this course, you will be able to progress onto a Level 1 course.