This Level 2 course is great if you are looking to develop your skills further for a career in computer programming.
It's designed for you to learn about the principles of computer programming and to understand how programming works. You will also develop text-based programming skills to design and develop your own computer program.
The core learning areas on this course will cover:
- The principles of programming
- Designing a program in response to a client brief
- Developing a program using a text-based programming language
- Documenting and reviewing a program
- Testing and refining a program to ensure maximum functionality and usability
You will need to submit a portfolio of evidence to show your understanding and knowledge.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, but you may find it helpful to have already completed the L1 Introduction to Programming.
This qualification is designed to enable progression into further learning at the same level (e.g. from an award to a certificate in Digital and IT Skills) or to further learning at a higher level.