Gain a broad range of industry sector skills with this one-year IT study programme, aimed at students who are considering a career in the IT or digital industry sectors.
This course is a practical work-related course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
During this course, you will study ten units in total. Four core units which provide a general foundation and a further six specialist units which introduce you to particular topics in more depth.
- Being Organised
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Working with Others
- Researching a Topic
Sector Specific Units:
- Developing Digital Information Using IT
- Using Digital Communication Technologies
- Solving Technical IT Problems
- Creating a Website
- Creating a Computer Program
- Developing a Digital Product
Alongside your main programme of study, you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above.
The Level 1 Diploma has units that are assessed through assignment work. Each unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction you will then be given an overall grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* which will be awarded on completion of the course.
You will need to have GCSE Maths, English Language and two additional subjects at grade 2 (E) or above.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to explain why you want to study this course, so that we can ensure any course offer made aligns to your career goals.
On successful completion of this course you may wish to:
- Apply to study the BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Information & Creative Technology or
- T-Level Transition in Information and Creative Technology