Earn an internationally recognised IT qualification developed by industry experts.
Learn more about the Microsoft Windows operating system and its features.
Understand how to troubleshoot software issues on Microsoft Windows and mobile devices.
The CompTIA A+ course equips candidates with specific knowledge in the following nine skills areas categorised as follows:
- Hardware: Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices.
- Operating Systems: Install and support Windows OS including command line & client support. Understand Mac OS, Linux and mobile OS.
- Software Troubleshooting: Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support.
- Networking: Explain types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI and SOHO.
- Hardware & Network Troubleshooting: Troubleshoot device and network issues.
- Security: Identify and protect against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections.
- Mobile Devices: Install & configure laptops and other mobile devices.
- Virtualization & Cloud Computing: Compare & contrast cloud computing concepts & set up client-side virtualization.
- Operational Procedures: Follow best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism.
To receive the full CompTIA A+ 220-1002 certification, you will need to pass an exam.
The exam will test your knowledge of operating systems, data, security, networking, hardware, and help desk services.
You will be required to attend classes for 6 weeks. Each week, you will attend 10 hours of class sessions.
The course is taught using a blended learning approach, offering a highly interactive and engaging learning environment with video demonstrations, and multimedia presentations to assist with your study. There are also quizzes and exam simulations after each module to strengthen your confidence and aid progression to the next stage.
There are no prerequisites to study the CompTIA A+ course although the CompTIA IT Fundamentals is recommended for individuals completely new to the world of technology.
You'll be taught by industry experienced staff, giving you not only an exceptional learning experience but access to industry insight to prepare you for your career ahead. Our tutors are passionate about student success, and will be on hand to support you and facilitate your success on this course.
The CompTIA A+ certification is widely recognized as the go-to certification for an entry-level position in IT. Here are a few entry-level jobs that often call for the CompTIA A+ certification.
- Help desk analyst
- IT technician
- Help desk specialist
- Technical support specialist
- Desktop support administrator
- System support specialist
- Associate network engineer
You can also progress to take the CompTIA Network+ certification course.