This introductory course is ideal for you if you're interested in kick-starting or developing your existing Programming skills.
The course has been designed for you to learn about the principles of computer programming and to understand how programming works. You will develop text-based programming skills to design and develop your own computer program.
The core learning areas on this course will cover:
- The basic principles of programming
- Different programming languages
- Designing a simple computer program in response to a client brief
- Developing a program using a graphic-based programming language
- Test, document and reviewing a program and how well it meets the client brief, making suggestions for further improvements
You will need to submit a portfolio of evidence to show your understanding and knowledge.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, but you will need to show a keen interest in computer programming.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to progress onto the Level 2 Award in Computer Programming