CompTIA ITF+ helps professionals to decide if a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT.
- ITF+ is the only pre-career certification that helps students or career changers determine if they have a competency for information technology and if it is the right career path for them.
- ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
- ITF+ establishes an IT education framework for students in secondary and post-secondary settings.
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, software development, and database use. The specific areas cover are as follows:
IT Concepts & Terminology
- Comprehend notational systems, illustrate the basics of computing and explain the value of data and troubleshooting
- Know how to set up and install common peripheral devices to a laptop/PC or secure a basic wireless network
Applications & Software
- Manage applications software, understand the various components of an operating system and explain the purpose of methods of application architecture
- Comprehend programming language categories, interpret logic, and understand the purpose of programming concepts
- Able to explain database concepts, structures, and purpose, as well as understands methods used to interface
- Understand confidentiality, integrity, and availability concerns of secure devices and best practice methods
To receive the full CompTIA IT Fundamentals FC0-U61 certification you will need to complete an exam. The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
This exam is intended for candidates who are advanced end users and/or are considering a career in IT. The exam is also a good fit for individuals interested in pursuing professional-level certifications, such as A+.
No previous knowledge is required to enrol onto this course. However, we recommend you have a basic knowledge of IT.
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification is widely recognized industry standard for equipping candidates with the requisite knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, application and software, software development, database fundamentals and security. The jobs you can do after successful certification include
- IT Support Technician
- Network Support Technician
You can also progress to take the CompTIA A+ certification course.