The course consists of assessment units which assess the competence of a candidate over a wide range of activities. There will be a high emphasis on Health and Safety and correct working methods.
- Introduction to the construction industry
- Electrical theory
- Assembling switched sockets wired in ring final circuit
- Constructing PVC wiring systems
- Cutting, bending, joining and threading conduit
- Installing one way lighting circuits
- Installing two way lighting circuits
You'll be assessed via a combination of written tests, practical assignments and online exams.
You will need to have GCSE Maths, English Language and two additional subjects at grade 2 (E) or above.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to explain why you want to study this course, so that we can ensure any course offer made aligns to your career goals.
The course will be delivered by Industry qualified academic and practical lecturing staff who possess a wide range of both Commercial and Industrial skills.
After successful completion of the course you can progress to Level 1 or 2 in Electrical Installations.