If you work with autistic people, or if someone you know is autistic, this course is a great way to increase your knowledge about the condition.
You will learn about how autism can affect the ways people communicate, interact and process information, and how to support autistic people to live healthy, fulfilled lives.
This course is delivered entirely online and can be studied at a pace that suits you. You could complete in as little as 6 weeks dependent on the time you can commit.
On this course you'll:
- Learn how autistic people process sensory information
- Understand the characteristics that may be present in autistic individuals
- Understand the conditions that commonly occur with autism
- Learn the common misconceptions surrounding autism
- Learn how speech, language and communication may differ in autistic people
- Recognise how legislation and guidance underpins support
This Level 2 course is free if you:
- currently live in England
- are aged 19+
- have been a resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years
- are not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of this course, you’ll have earned a NCFE CACHE Level 2 certificate which could also help you progress your career, or enter a new sector.
We offer a range of online courses for adult learners. See the full range of courses here.