Dementia is one of the main causes of disability in later life, and cases are rising. If you already work with people with dementia, or are thinking about a career in this sector, it’s important that you understand the condition and know how to provide the best possible care.
On this course you’ll gain insight into how dementia affects the way people behave and interact, as well as how best to communicate with people who have dementia.
This course is delivered entirely online and can be studied at a pace that suits you. You could complete in as little as 6 weeks dependent on the time you can commit.
On this course you will:
- develop an understanding of the different forms of dementia
- learn how to support individuals through person-centred care
- develop knowledge and understanding of care
- learn about positive communication methods
- learn about issues around the use of medication
To register for this course you'll need to:
- currently live in England
- be aged 19+
- have been a resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years
- not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of this course, you’ll have earned a NCFE CACHE Level 2 certificate which could also help you progress your career, or enter a new sector – whilst giving you the tools you need to support people living with dementia.
We offer a range of online courses for adult learners. See the full range of courses here.