This qualification picks up where the foundation and advanced levels left off. It focuses on drafting, analysing and interpreting financial statements.
This course unit (and the others at Level 4) could be for you if:
- You've successfully completed the Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- You're progressing in your finance/accounting career and want to back up your knowledge with a recognised qualification
- You're looking for an alternative to university
- You employ accounts staff and want to improve their skills
Specifically, you'll learn about:
- The reporting frameworks and ethical principles that underpin financial reporting
- The key features of a published set of financial statements
- Drafting statutory financial statements for a limited company
- Drafting consolidated financial statements
- Interpreting financial statements using ratio analysis
You will complete online assessments.
You'll need to have completed the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting at Level 3 to study on this programme.
Tutors are qualified accountants with years of experience in industry and in delivering AAT qualification courses.
Work experience can help develop your skills and improve your job prospects for the future.
We'll support students looking for placements.
Successful completion of the full AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting gives you options!
You can move into employment in fields such as Forensic Accounting or Corporate Finance, or specialise in taxation or insolvency.
If you want to continue your studies, you may
be able to jump onto the 2nd year
of accounting degree programmes of some Universities.
Whatever you choose, you can apply for full AAT membership. This will boost your employment opportunities.
You could also progress to study for Chartered and Certified Accountancy qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA or ICAEW.