This course would suit you if:
- You've successfully completed the Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping
- You're aged 16-19, studying full-time and want to pursue a career in accountancy, finance or business
- You want to develop broader business skills to enhance your job prospects
- You're already working in finance but want a qualification to improve your career prospects
- You want to work in bookkeeping in a large company's finance department
- You're self-employed and need to learn how to do your own bookkeeping
You'll learn how to perform basic finance tasks required by employers.
Units within the course include:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Working Effectively in Finance
- Using Accounting Software
You'll need to complete online assessments for:
- Bookkeeping transactions
- Bookkeeping controls
- Elements of costing
- Using accounting software
There will also be an online end-of-course assessment covering Bookkeeping Transactions, Bookkeeping Controls, Elements of Costing and Work Effectively in Finance.
You will need to have GCSE Maths, English Language and two additional subjects at grade 3 (D) or above.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to explain why you want to study this course, so that we can ensure any course offer made aligns to your career goals.
Tutors are qualified accountants with years of experience in industry and in delivering AAT qualification courses.
Work experience can help develop your skills and improve your job prospects for the future.
During the course you'll also have the chance to enter the BASE Competition for Accounting & Business students and attend the Accountex Conference. Both are great ways to make contacts and improve your employability.
Successfully complete this course and move on to the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting.