This course allows you to study both theory and practical aspects of the essential knowledge and skills required by today’s motor vehicle repair industry. You will also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health & safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
You will study the following units:
- Health & Safety Practices in Vehicle Maintenance
- Tools, Equipment, and Materials in Vehicle Maintenance
- Routine Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Engine Components
- Light Vehicle Engine Lubrication and Cooling Systems
- Light Vehicle Fuel, Air and Exhaust Systems
- Removing and Replacing Vehicle Chassis Components
- Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Electrical Components
Each Unit is assessed through practical-based observed tasks, written assessments, and online exams.
A minimum of 3 GCSEs Grade 4 and above in English, Maths, and one other subject, or successful completion of a Level 1 Certificate/Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent are required.
Completion of the course can lead to the IMI Level 3 Diploma in Maintenance & Repair.