This course allows you to study both theory and practical aspects of the essential knowledge and skills required by today’s motor vehicle repair industry. You will also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health & safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
You will study the following units:
- Health & Safety Practices in Vehicle Maintenance
- Tools, Equipment, and Materials in Vehicle Maintenance
- Routine Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Engine Components
- Light Vehicle Engine Lubrication and Cooling Systems
- Light Vehicle Fuel, Air and Exhaust Systems
- Removing and Replacing Vehicle Chassis Components
- Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Electrical Components
Each Unit is assessed through practical-based observed tasks, written assessments, and online exams.
You will need to have GCSE Maths, English Language and two additional subjects at grade 3 (D) or above.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to explain why you want to study this course, so that we can ensure any course offer made aligns to your career goals.
Successful completion of a Level 1 Certificate/Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent, is required.
Completion of the course can lead to the IMI Level 3 Diploma in Maintenance & Repair.