This course is designed to engage and motivate students who are interested in learning about motor vehicles and the motor industry.
You will study the following units:
- Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Interpret Technical Information
- Tools, Equipment & Materials
- Spark Ignition Engine Systems
- Vehicle Engine Cooling & Lubrication Systems
- Vehicle Steering & Suspension Systems
- Vehicle Fuel & Exhaust Systems
- Vehicle Spark Ignition Systems
- Vehicle Electrical Systems
- Vehicle Braking Systems
- Electric Vehicle Awareness
Each unit is assessed through practical-based observed tasks and an online end of programme exam.
You will need to have GCSE Maths, English Language and two additional subjects at grade 2 (E) or above.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to explain why you want to study this course, so that we can ensure any course offer made aligns to your career goals.
On completion of the course, you will be able to progress on to Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma in Maintenance & Repair