The Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair is designed for students who have already completed the Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance & Repair and are interested in developing their skills in the area of diagnostics and repair sector.
Students will study the following units:
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Supporting Job Roles in the Automotive Environment
- Materials, Fabrication Tools, and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
- Diagnosing and Rectifying Vehicle Auxiliary Electrical Faults
- Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Engine Faults
- Diagnosing Light Vehicle Transmission and Driveline Faults
- Inspecting Light Vehicles, Using Prescribed Methods
Each Unit is assessed through practical-based observed tasks, written assessments and online exams.
There is no direct entry onto the Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair, completion of the IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair or equivalent is required.
Successful students can progress into employment or an apprenticeship within the motor industry. The Level 3 Diploma is also ideal for students who want to progress to Higher Education.