The Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair is designed for students who have already completed the Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance & Repair and are interested in developing their skills in the area of diagnostics and repair sector.
Students will study the following units:
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Supporting Job Roles in the Automotive Environment
- Materials, Fabrication Tools, and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
- Diagnosing and Rectifying Vehicle Auxiliary Electrical Faults
- Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Engine Faults
- Diagnosing Light Vehicle Transmission and Driveline Faults
- Inspecting Light Vehicles, Using Prescribed Methods
Each Unit is assessed through practical-based observed tasks, written assessments and online exams.
You will need to have GCSE Maths, English Language and two additional subjects at grade 4 (C) or above.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to explain why you want to study this course, so that we can ensure any course offer made aligns to your career goals.
There is no direct entry onto the Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair. Completion of the IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair or equivalent is required.
Successful students can progress into employment or an apprenticeship within the motor industry. The Level 3 Diploma is also ideal for students who want to progress to Higher Education.