This is a flagship and award winning course, great for students who want to pursue a career in Architecture, Interior and Product Design Industries.
We are a vibrant and dynamic team that will really challenge your thinking and help you to achieve the best results.
You will be taught by a dynamic team of tutors who have links to business and the design industry.
You will use the latest state-of-the-art equipment, such as a 3D printer and laser cutter, in a hi-tech workshop environment.
This is a fun and buzzing subject and you will learn about:
- IT, 2D & 3D industry standard computer software
- (CAD, Solidworks) for 3D printing and laser cutting
- Design drawing both free hand and technical
- Learn how to think creatively outside the box
- Invent and create products to sell, online, within the college market/shop
- Build a professional design portfolio over the course of two years
- Develop your own business ideas such as your own design consultancy
- Employability and enterprising with employers and clients within our industries
As a 3D design student you will work with employers on live briefs.
Our specialists deliver a range of activities that will give you an understanding of the subject and how this course can help you to develop your skills in all design related areas. Our mission is to help you become employable and give you real working opportunities within live briefs, as well as give you the opportunities to develop your own business ideas.
The course is a 100% coursework and regular assessments are carried out by your course team and by external examiners.
Tutorials take place throughout the year. There are no formal examinations on this course.
You will have achieved 4 or more GCSE grades at 4 and above including either English or Maths, or have successfully completed an appropriate Level 2 qualification.
You will also need to provide a portfolio of work, as well as a reference.
On completion of this course you will be able to progress into Higher Education studying at Degree level.
Our students have gone into working with well know design companies in various related discipline areas.
The qualification is nationally recognised with a focus on the practical application of basic skills and knowledge required by designers today.