Mental health problems affect around 1 in 10 children and young people. These issues include depression, anxiety and conduct disorder and can often be a direct response to occurrences in their lives.
Emotional wellbeing is just as important as a child’s mental health. Therefore it is important for those looking after or working with children and young people, to have a good understanding of the concepts, risk factors and impact of mental health.
This online course will teach you about supporting children and young people’s mental health and emotional well-being. You will learn about issues facing children and young people like depression, anxiety and conduct disorder, as well as factors that affect their mental health and the impact mental health problems can have on them and their lives.
On this course you will study the following units:
- Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health in Context
- Understand Factors Which May Affect Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Understand the Impact of Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Understand how to Support Children and Young People with Mental Health Concerns
To register for this course you'll need to:
- currently live in England
- be aged 19+
- have been a resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- not be on an apprenticeship
This short course is great for those who look after children or are working, or thinking of working, in a childcare setting.
We offer a range of online courses for adult learners. See the full range of courses here.