Study for a recognised qualification while developing the basic skills, competencies, and knowledge required to become an Engineering Technician.
Your study will cover a range of subjects including:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating technical information
- Making components using hand tools (incl. fitting techniques)
- Assembling electronic circuits
There are no exams on this course.
Instead you'll be assessed on:
- Practical examples of your work
- Your portfolio of evidence (which you'll grow during your course)
- Responses to verbal questioning
- Your knowledge and understanding
- A witness testimony
Previous students on this course have been able to tour modern building sites, use Virtual Reality equipment and even operate robotic arms!
You will need to have GCSE Maths, English Language and two additional subjects at grade 2 (E) or above.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to explain why you want to study this course, so that we can ensure any course offer made aligns to your career goals.
Although there is no formal work experience requirement on this course, you'll have the opportunity to make employer visits to better understand your career options.
You'll also be supported in writing your CV, developing interview skills, and learning about job search techniques.
Once you've finished this course you'll be able to choose between a range of Level 2 engineering qualifications.
You could instead choose to enter employment - perhaps through an apprenticeship.