Earn a nationally recognised award in professional cooking techniques!
You'll learn to cook a range of foods using a variety of methods.
Course units are:
- Maintain a safe, hygenic & secure working environment
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing & cooking food
- Prepare & cook vegetables
- Prepare & cook fish
- Prepare & cook meat & poultry
- Prepare & cook pasta
- Prepare & cook rice
You'll be assessed on an ongoing basis and will update your work portfolio to show your skill development.
The final grade is simply a pass or a fail.
You will need to have GCSE Maths, English Language and two additional subjects at grade 2 (E) or above.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to explain why you want to study this course, so that we can ensure any course offer made aligns to your career goals.
On successful completion of this course you can move up to the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery, choosing to specialise in Patisserie if you wish.