Want to put your learning into practice and finish your course with the skills, knowledge and expertise that employers are looking for?
Then choosing a course requiring an industry placement could be for you.
These work placements are ongoing throughout your course and continue to run outside of term-time. Over the course of a year you’ll spend a minimum of 45 days or 315 hours with an employer.
Industry placements are available on the following Level 3 pathways: Construction & Site Management; Health & Social Care; Games, Design & Animation; Media; Engineering; Motor Vehicle; Fitness, Sports & Health; Public services or Business, Enterprise & Secretarial, Beauty Therapy & Media Makeup.
BTEC EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN CONSTRUCTION
BTEC SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA IN GAMES, ART AND ANIMATION
BTEC LEVEL 3 SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA IN CREATIVE PRODUCTION (TELEVISION AND FILM)
C&G 2365 LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS
BTEC FOUNDATION DIPLOMA IN ENGINEERING
BTEC LEVEL 3 SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA IN IT - SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
IMIAL LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN LIGHT VEHICLE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR
LEVEL 3 CG DIPLOMA IN THEATRICAL, SPECIAL EFFECTS, HAIR AND MEDIA MAKE-UP
LEVEL 3 BTEC NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS
BTEC SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA IN UNIFORMED SERVICES
LEVEL 3 CACHE EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
LEVEL 3 CACHE CERTIFICATE IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
BTEC LEVEL 3 SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA IN SPORT (DEVELOPMENT, COACHING AND FITNESS)
LEVEL 3 SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA IN SPORT - FOOTBALL ACADEMY
LEVEL 3 SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA IN SPORT - RUGBY ACADEMY
You are required to find your own placement, but help is available from BDC’s Industry Placement Officers should you need some support to find a suitable placement.
Industry placements teach you the technical skills and expertise you’ll need to specialise in your chosen field. They’re also designed to develop skills that help you collaborate with others.
As well as the benefits described from doing work experience, industry placements give you:
- Enhanced technical skills, allowing you to develop specialisms
- Deeper employability skills such collaboration, enterprise and interpersonal skills
- Real knowledge of running a business or department
- A feel for the commercial aspects of business
- A clear idea of your strengths, weaknesses and areas for focus
- Further confidence from deeper involvement in project work
- Longer-term experience and detailed knowledge for your CV
- More chance for making contacts, growing your network and getting recommended for employment elsewhere
- A good chance of getting further work with the employer!
For further information about industry placements and how they help you achieve your career goals, contact us and ask for details of our Industry Placement Officers.