Study now - pay later.
You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the costs of studying certain courses with us.
Loan eligibility does not depend on your income and there are no credit checks.
To be eligible you’ll need to be:
- Studying a course at Level 3-6
- Aged 19 or above on the first day of the course
- A UK resident (minimum five years) or national. Learn more about this on the government’s website.
You’ll have to pay your loan back when you’ve finished your course AND your earnings are above the repayment threshold, which is currently £27,295.
Repayments start in the April following the completion of your course. Your annual repayment amount will be 9% of any income you receive over the repayment threshold (currently £27,295).
Examples of repayments based on different salaries are shown below.
If you complete a Higher Education course after your access course, your loan will be ‘written off’ - so you don’t have to repay it at all!
Example repayment amounts
You won't have to pay your loan back until you're earning over the repayment threshold (currently £27,295).
- If you earned up to £27,295 a year, your monthly repayment would be £0
- If you earned £30,000 a year, your monthly repayment would be £20
- If you earned £34,000 a year, your monthly repayment would be £50
- If you earned £36,000 a year, your monthly repayment would be £65
You can speak to our Student Finance Support team on 0203 667 0050 or email us for more information.
Alternatively, you can visit the Advanced Learner Loan Government website for more information.
For independent financial advice, contact the Money Advice Service.