Apprenticeship Works at Barking & Dagenham College is an Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) with a unique and flexible approach to recruiting apprentices.
If you are an employer who needs an apprentice, but you are not able to commit to the full apprenticeship programme then Apprenticeship Works could be the perfect solution for you.
What are the Benefits to the Employer?
- You have control over the role of the apprentice and the wage
- We take care of the paperwork for you – including payroll and apprenticeship funding agreements
- You don’t have to commit to supporting an apprentice for the full duration of their apprenticeship
- We support with recruitment utilising our talent pool of available candidates
How it Works
- Apprenticeship Works employs the apprentice, and ‘leases’ the apprentice to the host employer for the agreed duration
- The host employer pays the salary to Apprenticeship Works, with an additional 12.5% management fee, including statutory holiday pay and VAT.
- There are no additional course fees to the apprentice or host employer
- If circumstances change, or once the role is no longer available to the apprentice, Apprenticeship Works sources a new host employer to support the apprentice to complete their apprenticeship
- The host employer can recruit the apprentice at the end of the apprenticeship – but there is no obligation
What apprenticeships does it apply to?
The scheme can apply to any apprentice. It can include, but isn’t restricted to the following
- An employer who requires an apprentice for a project that won’t last the full duration of an apprenticeship
- An employer who needs support with the paperwork and commitment of employing an apprentice
- An employer that only requires an apprentice for part-time weekly hours.
If you wish to find out more, or register your interest, please e-mail us at email@example.com providing your name and preferred contact details.