Coronavirus Update – Information for Students, Parents, Staff and Partners
We appreciate that many people will have concerns about the fast-moving situation and guidance around the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The safety and well-being of our students, staff and other users of the college is our highest priority.
Following the government’s recent announcement to close schools and colleges, we are now moving to online and remote teaching and learning.
The following arrangements will be reviewed regularly and will be in place until further notice. Please regularly check this website for updates and notifications.
Any students that feel unwell and develop any symptoms should let the college know by sending an email to email@example.com
- Unless you have been informed otherwise, your last day of in-college timetabled teaching will be Thursday 19 March.
- Online / remote teaching and learning will begin from Monday 23 March.
- This is how your teachers will be setting your work, and receiving your work to mark.
- If you are accessing any of our college support services, we will contact you.
- Be reassured that our staff are here to continue to support you through your courses and qualifications, and in your progression to your next step.
- The college will not close, we are all going to work in a different way.
Please make sure you log into Google Classroom - https://classroom.google.com/ - for assignments and teaching. Please refer to the guidance below on how to access Google Classroom.
There will be no exams taking place at the college during this period.
The government has published further guidance about the exam process for this year. Please find out more here
Student Support & Wellbeing:
All Student Health and Wellbeing support services remain available and are now being delivered remotely using email or video call.
For support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your student number and curriculum area (this can be found on your ID card) and a brief outline of concern.
- Please do not worry about your place at Barking and Dagenham College. Your application will be processed and we will stay in touch regularly.
- Where your place would usually have been dependent upon GCSE grades, and if you are not able to take exams this year, we will put other arrangements in place to assess your progression to a college course.
Please look out for emails from your manager and all staff briefings, on your work email.
Clients, partners and suppliers:
Your relationship with Barking and Dagenham College is very important to us. Your point of contact with the college will be in touch soon. College staff are all on their college email accounts, so feel free to get in touch with your college contact, should you have any concerns.
Contacting the College by Telephone
The college switchboard will be monitored during the closure.
Please call 020 8090 3020 and clearly give your name, email address, name of the person you wish to speak to and details of your query. One of the team will monitor the calls and arrange to forward your enquiry.
Or, please email to ReceptionDesk@bdc.ac.uk.
The following websites may be useful in supplying further information:
Stay at home guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection:
Guidance on social distancing and for vulnerable people
Last updated: 19/03/2020.