On this 2-year programme, which is equivalent to 3 A Levels, you will develop the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of health occupations.
It consists of a core component, an occupational specialism and an industry placement, which together will prepare you for the world of work. You'll build a core understanding of health and science, including working in the healthcare sector, health and safety, data management, and scientific and clinical practice. There will also be a focus on person-centred care and infection control.
As well as developing your knowledge and understanding of the healthcare sector, you'll be able to specialise in Adult Nursing or Supporting the Care of Children and Young People.
As with any T Level, this course includes 9 weeks minimum working with an employer on an industry placement.
On successful completion of this course you'll have a strong understanding of:
- working within the health and science sector
- health, safety and environmental regulations
- managing information and data
- principles of good scientific and clinical practice
- core science concepts including the structure of cells, tissues and large molecules, genetics, microbiology and immunology
You'll also learn about topics specific to health, including:
- understanding the healthcare sector
- providing person-centred care
- supporting health and wellbeing
- further knowledge of both human anatomy and physiology and of diseases and disorders
- infection prevention and control
You will then specialise in Adult Nursing or Supporting the Care of Children and Young People.
You’ll need to have excellent attendance and punctuality to complete this course. You will be assessed in college and in your work placement, via a combination of externally set exams, assignments and an employer project.
You'll need to have GCSE English Language and Maths at grade 4 or above; and at least three other GCSE qualifications (including Science) at grade 4 or above OR equivalent vocational qualification in a related discipline at level 2 with a minimum Merit grade.
You'll learn from our subject-experts, who are passionate about education and supporting our students to achieve their full potential.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in health and healthcare. Students can progress into a variety of health roles including Healthcare Assistant or Care Worker.
You could also use this T Level to progress to a related higher-level apprenticeship or course of study at a higher level.