Develop the core knowledge and skills needed for entry to a range of digital occupations.
You'll specialise in Digital Infrastructure, building your understanding and experience of managing, operating, and the need to continually optimise the necessary infrastructure that supports digital business solutions and delivers for the needs of the business.
As with any T Level, you'll learn through a mix of specialist teaching, and a minimum of 9 weeks working with an employer on a relevant industry placement.
This course will enable you to develop a general understanding of digital:
- how digital technologies impact business and market environment
- the ethical and moral implications of digital technology
- using data in software design
- using digital technologies to analyse and solve problems
- digital environments, including physical, virtual and cloud environments
- legal and regulatory obligations relating to digital technologies
- the privacy and confidentiality of personal data
- the technical, physical and human aspects of internet security
- planning digital projects
- testing software, hardware and data
- digital tools for project management and collaboration
You'll also learn about topics specific to digital support services, including:
- roles within the digital support services sector
- communication in digital support services
- fault analysis and problem resolution
This course will be assessed through a mix of practical tasks to demonstrate understanding, and written assignments and reports.
You'll need to have GCSE English Language and Maths at grade 4 or above; and at least three other GCSE qualifications at grade 4 or above OR equivalent vocational qualification in a related discipline at level 2 with a minimum Merit grade.
You'll learn from subject experts in our industry leading East London Institute of Technology at our Rush Green campus.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in digital infrastructure and support.
Career options might include becoming an infrastructure technician or a role in IT support. Students can progress into roles such as IT Security Coordinator or IT Support Technician.
You could use this T Level to progress to a related higher-level apprenticeship or course of study at a higher level.T