This course enables you to demonstrate and recognise the skills, knowledge and understanding needed for real workplace environments, so you can work in Decorative Finishing - Painting and Decorating within the construction industry.
The core learning areas on this course will cover:
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work
- Preparing surfaces for painting/decorating
- Applying Paint Systems to Complex Surfaces by Brush
You will be required to produce a Portfolio of Evidence, showing how you have met the performance and knowledge criteria for each unit required within the course.
You will need to have four GCSEs, including Maths and English at grade 4 or above.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to progress onto a higher-level qualification, or into employment in the construction industry.