This course will allow you to gain the skills needed to progress into further learning.
You will develop skills in all areas such as literacy, numeracy, ICT, employability, learning to learn and personal development, plus a range of taster units in different sector specific areas, providing opportunities for you to test your abilities and personal preferences before selecting a chosen career or employment route.
This course is beneficial to you if you want to:
- Progress into further or higher education courses, or into a new work area
- Benefit from alternative approaches to curriculum and learning
- Test out a vocational area to inform career/employment choices
- Develop literacy and/or numeracy skills
If you’re thinking about coming back to education in September to build on your employability skills or if you’re already studying but would like to further hone your current skills; whichever stage you’re at, you can still do this course.
On this course, you will learn:
- Improving punctuation and grammar skills
- Managing your own learning
- Personal career preparation
- Presentation skills
You will be required to produce a Portfolio of Evidence, showing how you have met the performance and knowledge criteria for each unit required within the course.
You will need to have a minimum of Level 1 in English.
On completion of this course, you’ll receive a Level 2 Award in Progression. You will gain the skills needed to aid future career decisions and progression opportunities to further study or employment.