The retrofit industry is looking for more trained next generation professionals, in professional, technical and skilled craft roles, who can provide the skills and knowledge of the basic principles.
You will learn how to inform the decision making about the measures needed for installation. You will also learn how to assess a condition, occupancy and the significance of a building, in line with the PAS.
The core learning areas on this course will cover:
- PAS 2035 and Retrofit Assessments
- Context of dwellings
- Assessing the condition of dwelling and recording any defects
- The requirements of occupancy assessments
- Ventilation requirements of a dwelling
- Energy performance of a dwelling
- Significance of a dwelling
- Retrofit assessment reports
- Retrofit advice to customers
This course will be assessed through an examination.
You will need to have obtained a Level 3 Domestic Energy Assessor qualification to be eligible for this course.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to move onto a higher-level qualification.