This course is designed for those who want to develop their knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety.
It will focus on the basic principles, including hazards and risks within the workplace. You will develop the understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar key skills such as team working, independent learning and problem-solving, to more complex skills, such as:
- Communicating with professional colleagues, peers and/or hierarchical seniors
- Understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation
This is a short course, making it ideal for adults who are upskilling for work. Progression onto a wide range of other short courses after completion is also available.
The core learning areas on this course will cover:
- The importance of health and safety in the workplace
- The need for risk assessment
- Requirements for health and safety in place of work or learning
All learners taking this qualification will be assessed in English and all assessment evidence presented must be in English.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to progress onto the Level 2 Award in Occupational Health & Safety.