If you're looking for a career in the construction industry, this course is for you.
You'll develop a broad knowledge and understanding of construction, including health & safety, measuring techiques, data management, digital engineering and design systems and processes. This knowledge will be invaluable to any career in the construction industry.
You'll then be given the option to specialise in bricklaying to build your knowledge, understanding, skills and experience in this area.
As with any T Level, you'll learn through a mix of specialist teaching, and a minimum of 9 weeks working with an employer on a relevant industry placement.
The core construction learning on this course will cover:
- health and safety
- the science behind building design, surveying and planning
- making accurate and appropriate measurements
- construction methods
- building regulations and standards
- data management and information standards in construction
- relationship management and customer service
- how the Internet of Things (IoT) impacts construction
- digital engineering techniques
- mathematical techniques to solve construction problems
- construction design principles and processes
- the construction industry and its role in the economy
- sustainability and the environmental impact of construction
- business, commerce and corporate social responsibility
You will then specialise in bricklaying.
This course will be assessed through a mix of practical tasks to demonstrate understanding, and written assignments and reports.
You will need to have GCSE Maths, English Language and two additional subjects at grade 4 (C) or above.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to explain why you want to study this course, so that we can ensure any course offer made aligns to your career goals.
You'll learn from subject experts in our industry leading East London Institute of Technology at our Rush Green campus.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in construction, specifically in bricklaying, carpentry and joinery, plastering or painting and decorating. Students can progress into roles such as Carpenter, Shopfitter, Bricklayer of Plasterer.
You could also use this T Level to progress to a related higher-level apprenticeship or course of study at a higher level.