If you want to gain a better understanding of challenging behaviour and how to support individuals who display it, this online course is a great way to build your knowledge.
There are lots of reasons why someone’s behaviour might be challenging – anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities, dementia and many more.
This course is delivered entirely online and can be studied at a pace that suits you. You could complete in as little as 6 weeks dependent on the time you can commit.
On this course you will learn the following:
- What is meant by the term 'behaviour that challenges'
- Why some people display this behaviour and the impact it can have
- How to recognise changes in individuals that may indicate an episode of challenging behaviour
- The importance of non-verbal communication
- How to support positive behaviour
- How reflection on an incident can assist in managing future behaviour
This Level 2 course is free if you:
- currently live in England
- are aged 19+
- have been a resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years
- are not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of this course, you’ll have earned a NCFE CACHE Level 2 certificate which could also help you progress your career, or enter a new sector – whilst giving you the tools you need to understand more about behaviours that challenge.
We offer a range of online courses for adult learners. See the full range of courses here.