There are 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK and this is expected to rise to over one million by 2025.
By studying this course, you'll develop the knowledge and understanding of caring for individuals with dementia, the different types of dementia, the importance of early diagnosis and the role of communication.
This course is delivered entirely online and can be studied at a pace that suits you. You could complete in as little as 10 weeks dependent on the time you can commit.
You may already have studied the Level 2 online course in Principles of Dementia Care.
On this course you'll study the following:
- Understanding dementia
- How person-centred approaches are used to underpin the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support
- How to support individuals with dementia to exercise choice and rights
- The administration of medication and well-being of individuals with dementia
For our Level 3 online courses, you will be eligible to study for free if you do not hold any qualifications above a Level 2.
Not sure if this applies to you? Check your qualifications online.
On successful completion of this course, you’ll have earned a NCFE CACHE Level 3 certificate which could also help you progress your career, or enter a new sector.
We offer a range of online courses for adult learners. See the full range of courses here.