This is a full-time, one-year engineering course that aims to develop your knowledge and skills in advanced machining, including advanced milling and turning, CNC machining/programming, and CAM.
During this course, you will learn the following:
- Engineering and environmental health and safety
- Engineering organisational efficiency and improvement
- Computer-aided design (CAD) techniques
- Computer numerical control (CNC) programming/machining
- Mechanical engineering principles
- Advanced milling
- Advanced turning
- Advanced manufacture techniques—computer-aided manufacture (CAM)
The course is assessed through a combination of on-screen multiple choice exams and practical and theory assignments.
To study this course you will need to have the following:
GCSE Grade 4 for English Language and Mathematics OR Functional Skills Level 2 for English and Mathematics plus Pass for EAL Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
Upon completion of this course, you can progress into a level 3/4 apprenticeship or into employment.