Up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with medication, whether in a healthcare setting or at home.
Modern medicines are powerful substances which have beneficial effects but inappropriate use or handling of these can have severe, or even fatal, consequences.
This course is delivered entirely online and can be studied at a pace that suits you. You could complete in as little as 6 weeks dependent on the time you can commit.
On this course you'll:
- gain up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines
- learn how to maintain stock and record, store and dispose of medication
- understand the different types of medication and how they are classified
- learn the correct procedure for record keeping and the audit process
- gain relevant skills, knowledge and understanding to improve service user experience
This Level 2 course is free if you:
- currently live in England
- are aged 19+
- have been a resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years
- are not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of this course, you’ll have earned a NCFE CACHE Level 2 certificate which could also help you progress your career, or enter a new sector – whilst giving you the tools you need to safely use or handle medication.
We offer a range of online courses for adult learners. See the full range of courses here.