Britain has an ageing population, which means more people will live with serious chronic illnesses and need end of life care.
On this course you'll develop the knowledge needed to perform your role as a care worker, either at home or in a care setting, for people approaching the end of their lives.
You will learn about:
- supporting and managing pain and discomfort
- the impact of dementia on end of life care
- the compassionate skills needed for supporting family and friends with the loss and grief process
- the role of the care worker at time of death
To register for this course you'll need to:
- currently live in England
- be aged 19+
- have been a resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years
- not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of this course, you’ll have earned a NCFE CACHE Level 2 certificate which could also help you progress your career, or enter a new sector – whilst giving you the tools you need to support someone with end of life care.
We offer a range of online courses for adult learners. See the full range of courses here.