The Access to Higher Education (HE) Diploma is a Level 3 qualification which prepares adults without traditional qualifications for study at university.
On this course you will have a coherent, integrated and supported year of study where you will gain the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary for successful undergraduate study.
The course aims to provide a balance of essential study skills with specialist subject knowledge in Paramedic Science.
You will study the following specialist units:
- Communication Skills in a Professional Setting
- Role of the Health or Social Care Professional
- Human Tissues and Systems
- Nutrition, Digestion and Excretion
- Endocrine System
- Homeostasis and Controlling Factors in the Body
- Reproductive System
- Muscular and Skeletal System
- Transport and Respiration
- Becoming a Reflective Practitioner
- Health Inequalities
There are no external exams.
Three units are partially assessed through internal exams, some of which you are allowed to take notes into.
Skills, knowledge and understanding are assessed through:
- assignments, reports and worksheets
- case study analysis
- artefacts such as models, leaflets and posters
You will need to have a Level 2 qualification in English and in maths, or be currently enrolled on Level 2 courses in English and maths.
On successful completion of the course you can progress to higher education, for example studying towards a degree in one of the following subjects at university:
- Paramedic Science
- Health Science