This course is for those who want to pursue a career in the Construction Engineering sector.
Students will develop knowledge and understanding by applying their learning and skills in an construction and surveying environment
These skills include: teamworking; working from a prescribed brief; working to deadlines; presenting information effectively; and accurately completing administrative tasks and processes.
This Course is built on six mandatory units
- Analytical skills in built environment: Learning and understanding algebra, trigonometry and statistics which can be applied to data analysis.
- Built Environment : Learning the output, scope and constraints of development planning process
- Construction Technology: Exploring the choices for materials, systems and techniques used in the construction of typical domestic and industrial/commercial building.
- Land and Construction Surveying: Introducing students to geospatial surveying practices, principles and procedures for civil engineering and construction projects.
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life: Developing core competencies to form the basis of future competencies development
- Building Science and Materials: Providing an understanding of the scientific principles involved in the selection of materials in construction and the issues affecting the design of building services.
Students will be assessed on each module with work samples that will coincide with external examiner visits.
96 UCAS points
Passes at A2 (A level) in at least 2 subjects, or a T-level. Must include one subject in Maths or equivalent.
BTEC Extended Diploma or Diploma
International Baccalaureate Diploma with 25 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level and must include Maths at Higher Level
Access to HE Diploma (QAA approved) with 60 credits overall and 45 credits at Level 3.
Normally expect students to have Grade C or equivalent in GCSE English and Maths
GCSE Double Science: Grade 5,5
The Cert HE in Construction Management allows a smooth progression onto either a DIP HE Level 5 course (Coming 2022) in construction management, a Level 5 degree apprenticeship, The second year of an undergraduate degree, or into employment.