The BTEC National Extended Diploma in Engineering is a full-time, two-year ‘general’ engineering course that aims to give you the foundational skills and knowledge required for a range of engineering disciplines to prepare you for a career in an engineering discipline of your choice.
Following on from the units you'll have taken during the Subsidiary year, you'll study:
- Engineering Principles
- Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team
- Engineering Product Design & Manufacture
- Applied Commercial & Quality Principles in Engineering
- Computer-Aided Design in Engineering
- Electronic Devices & Circuits
- Mechanical Behaviour of Metallic Materials
The course is assessed through a mixture of exams (written paper & set task), practical assessments, and assignments.
To study on this course you'll need to have five GCSEs at grades 4 – 9, including English Language (5), Mathematics (5), and Science
If you're looking to continue your studies after this course, Higher Education/University Level 3/Level 4 Apprenticeship