This course, new for 2021, has been designed with employers to give you the ideal start to a career in building services engineering for construction, and to specialise in electrotechnical engineering.
Equivalent to 3 A levels, this course will give you a strong general understanding of construction, and theoretical understanding of the electrotechnical sector.
As with all T Level courses, you'll spend 80% of your time learning in our industry-standard facilities, and 20% gaining valuable work experience on a relevant industry placement.
You will develop a general understanding of construction, including:
- Health and safety
- Construction science principles
- Construction design principles
- Construction and the built environment industry
- Sustainability principles
- Measurement principles
- Building technology principles
- Information and data principles
- Relationship management in construction
- Digital technology in construction
- Construction commercial/business principles
- Building Services Engineering (BSE) systems
- Maintenance principles
- Tool, equipment and materials
You'll then develop specialist knowledge and insight into electrotechnical engineering through class based teaching and your industry placement.
This course is assessed through a blend of examinations and a project-based assessment on a real industry employer brief.
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 - 9 (C) or above including Maths, English and Science.
- Successful interview and initial assessment, including diagnostic tests and a good school reference
- You will need to demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for this subject area
- During the enrolment process all applicants will be invited to meet a tutor and ask any questions they may have about the course.
You'll learn from members of staff who are not only qualified to teach the relevant subject areas and modules, but have real relevant industrial experience. This means you'll have access to the technical expertise and professional practice needed to learn the skills employers will look for when you enter the workplace.
Learning and teaching methods will differ between modules, but all teaching will be delivered in our industry standard facilities. Enhanced construction visualisation will also be provided through our BIM lab and VR studio.
Learning doesnt just take place in the classroom. Interactive resources will be available on Google Classroom, the college's online learning system.
You will be expected to attend lectures, maintaining excellent attendance and punctuality, use independent self-study skills and complete the industry placement in a professional manner.
There are different pathways which are available to you following the successful completion of your T Level Technical Qualification in Building Services Engineering for Construction
Options to consider include:
- Applying to university - Your T Level will be worth UCAS points – A ‘T Level Distinction*’ is worth the same as 3 A levels at A* – and will be recognised by universities and other education providers so you can choose to continue studying if you wish.
- Level 4 HNC Electrical & Electronic Control Engineering which is recognised by industry employers and professional organisations
- Opportunities to specialise with an Apprenticeship.