A Building Services Engineering Technician is responsible for the supervision of the installation, commissioning or servicing of environmental technologies on construction projects and are based on construction sites with occasional time in offices.
Modules will include:
- Health and Safety
- The principles of engineering
- Project Management
- Planning and Organising work
- Quality monitoring
- Commitment to code of Ethics
- Level 4 qualification in Construction and Built Environment that meets the knowledge requirements of the standard and is approved by the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers
- Level 3 Maths and English
To achieve the apprenticeship standard all components must be completed, including Functional skills at the required level if the apprentice doesn’t have exemptions. All apprenticeship standards include an end point assessment which is required to complete the standard.
A-C or 4-9 GCSE including Maths, English and Science
Working a minimum of 30 hours per week
Upon successful completion of the Building Services Advanced Technician programme learners can choose to continue their development through a Level 6 Apprenticeship.