We are always looking to support our students to develop their technical and employability skills. Support from our local and national employer networks is key to support our learners in putting their skills into practice, whilst providing valuable resource to your business.
Placements provide employers with extra support for their business and is a minimum of 45 days but can be longer if this suits the student and employer. The student and employer receive support from an appointed member of college team before, during and after the placement to ensure everything works well.
Industry placements will give students a valuable opportunity to put their learning into practice and develop technical skills, enabling them to finish their course with the skills, knowledge and expertise that employers want and need.
- Level 3 students will spend a minimum of 45 working days with an external employer in a role directly relevant to their course to learn the technical skills required for their industry.
- This means level 3 students should expect, and be available for, their timetable to be over 5 full days a week during term time, or during term breaks
- Employers may pay a wage or cover expenses
- Industry Placement students have an existing level of industry related knowledge and skills which means they can be an additional pair of hands on specific projects or tasks, particularly during your busy times.
- Students can bring in new skills and approaches to businesses that may not previously have been explored – a fresh pair of eyes and an inquisitive mind can be of huge benefit.
- Supporting an Industry Placement student to achieve new skills and develop a greater understanding of your business and sector can be great CPD for junior members of staff who might be looking to take on supervisory responsibilities.
- Industry Placement students and employers are supported by college staff throughout to ensure that placements and relationships are developing well.
- Set learning objectives from college tutors help employers connect with current industry focused curriculum enabling a greater connection between education and business.
- Working with a student on placement over an extended period enables you to focus on specific skills development and potentially train a new future apprentices or staff member.
If you would like to find out more about industry placements and how you could get involved in inspiring your future workforce, please contact our Job Coaches Sandra, Sheila and Natalie: email@example.com
Contact details for our Employer team are shown below